Sway With Lois: El Tango de Roxanne
Photobucket

Sunday, February 03, 2008

El Tango de Roxanne

2 of my most Fancy films

Moulin Rouge



hehehe.....I just notice and knew Ewan McGregor through this film
He is so smart and gorgeous .



Phantom of the opera














And I found this song "El Tango de Roxanne"
I think the reason why I would fancy on this kind of films is because of the OST and dancing .




I really hope to review again some of the films . I still remember I watched a film called "Arabian Nights" and it means "The Flower One Thousand and One Nights". ( it isn't a cartoon version )
I found the film accidentally in an insomnia night in TV , it took me 3~ 4 hours to finished the film , if I'm not remember wrongly , it was finished at the midnight.

I believe most of the people has heard about this story " One thousand and one nights". When I was a child , I damn like the stories of Aladdin's Wonderful Lamp , and also the famous story " Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves".



wikiepdia:



"One Thousand and One Nights " is a collection of stories collected over thousands of years by various authors, translators and scholars in various countries. These collections of tales trace their roots back to ancient Arabia and Yemen, ancient India, ancient Persia , ancient Egypt, ancient Mesopotamian Mythology, ancient Syria, and medieval Arabic folk stories from the Caliphate era. Though an original manuscript has never been found several versions date the collection's genesis to somewhere between AD 800-900.

What is common throughout all the editions of The Nights is the initial frame story of the ruler Shahryar and his wife Scheherazade and the framing device incorporated throughout the tales themselves. The stories proceed from this original tale; some are framed within other tales, while others begin and end of their own accord. Some editions contain only a few hundred nights, while others include 1001 or more "nights."

The collection, or at least certain stories drawn from it (or purporting to be drawn from it) became widely known in the West during the nineteenth century, after it was translated - first into French and then English and other European languages. At this time it acquired the English name The Arabian Nights Entertainment or simply Arabian Nights. The best known stories from The Nights include "Aladdin's Wonderful Lamp," "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves," and "The Seven Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor." Ironically these particular stories, while they are genuine Middle Eastern folk tales, were not part of the "Nights" in its Arabic versions, but were interpolated into the collection by its early European translators."



hehehehe.......if anybody who 's own this film , please ...................lend me !
I really hope to review again .
Yup , I know the film is a bit old . Anyway , I hope someone could do me a favour !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home