Sway With Lois: London trip - lonely planet day 1& 2
Photobucket

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

London trip - lonely planet day 1& 2

My London trip had planned for long although I have to make it alone .
Because of a funny reason make me decided to ..........how come a person went to United Kingdom but never been to London ?
The second reason - I want to visit London Tower Bridge & Big Ben ! LOL
See ! Malaysia 's kids have big affected by the traditional nursery rhyme , London Bridge is falling down ( I'm one of them , who want to see how's the Bridge could be falling ...lol)


Honestly It was damn tired rushing back from Paris and directly drop to London city .
Therefore , the first night I slept very early in the Friday night in London city while everyone was started to dress up& make up and preparing going to pubs .


The bus back from Europe trip dropped some of us at Victoria coach station , there all mates separated up . And I went alone to Gloucester station , where the backpack hostel I had booked long ago .
On the moment , I was deeply regret to carried the heavily bag with me , but I have no choice , can you imagine overall 20 days trips , 10++ kg was not too over . ( And I had bought some little souvenirs from 9 countries :P.......I could swear , just a very very little one )


The only little complaint about the underground (Tube) is , there are always no escalator and long long underpass before you can reach to the platform ! Gosh ~ it was killing me if I carried my backpack. And the other trouble for the "first timer" on taking tube , you would be very confuse with all the lines , can you imagine there are 13 lines !



I arrived the Astro Kensington hostel at around 5pm with hungry and tiring body . I totally not recommended this hostel . But What can I do in the Friday night , mostly hostels are full & the rate is much higher than the weekday :P


I knew I could stand on it , since there are many more worst hostel in the world . As well as it 's safe , then 2 days were not a big problem ! I stayed at mix dorm , honestly , I worried ! Thanks God , although it was mix dorm , all are female ! Sainbury market was just 3 minutes walk , kitchen was free to used ...........................Yippe , finally I came back to UK , I cooked for myself , shower and sleep well .




pack , pack , pack ,pack .....plan , plan ,plan ,plan .......................





Early morning , after the breakfast , my very first day in London Begin .

I had no worried about the transport fees , since I was using Osyter Card which borrowed from Glen . The daily ticket costs about £8.60 , depend on how wide the zone you 're going to .
One important thing you need to take note is , some of the lines would be closed or closed earlier .








First stop - Westminster Abbey







The wind blew toward on me while I walked to the direction of underground .


A awesome weather in the morning , not too warm nor cold
But still you need to prepare the jacket or scarf......
since you can't predict the weather , especially at night time








The day was still early , not many visitor yet
I still can enjoy some peaceful silent morning in this city .


Big Ben , is just opposite the westmister abbey .
As well as the Thames River and London eyes
You just need to stopped at Westminster tube station , then visit all these places .













Big Ben ben ben Ben ......lalalalala
I'm happy to see it and walked along the Thames river







Can't get close and take photo
since the Box on the floor had wroten a notice that prohibit to unless you pay :P





Last night was too late to call back home
Therefore , in the early morning ( UK time) , sitting on the riverside
and made a call back to Malaysia .



Hello! Hello ! Hello !!........worst line connection .
I forced to increase my voice , Please forgive me , I saw the family sat next to me looking at me !
oh.......shame shame , not me want to reacted rude , the line was bad !






Eyes on me ...hmmmm

Hmmm.....No la ...... , I mean "London eye"











Thames River

I like to read Sherlock Holmes novel since I was kid
, He always mention the Thames river
.





What So special to drive a car ?
we are on the ride of horse :P...lol


The Royal Guard started at 1230 pm


I have been spending an hour and waiting for the parade.



A park hiding in the silent corner .




Too Crowded in the Buckingham Palace





















Horse Guard



My lunch that Bought at at Tesco
and have it outside the National Gallery London


Green balloon ? There was a Arabic Event held on that day.




Hardly to imagine , why London's platform are so narrow~





Here it is China Town in London
I have an appointment with a friend here who is staying in London .







Yummy ! Yummy Dinner
Fried beef Ho - but it seems like whole plate is full with beef, isn't it ?










Tower Bridge

Wei Perng , a church mate from Malaysia and working in London now
Thank you for the treated me the dinner !



Luckily I was there to visited at night time with his greatly recommended
It 's beautiful!







London Bridge , the red colour one




I was lost in the way back to hostel alone, hahahha
Not too far from it , I was in the right area but another road and direction .
I did wonder the views was slightly different from the morning I had seen ! Thank for God 's guidance , I felt safe to walked in the silent road .

Luckily , arrived safely and prepare heart for tomorrow Sunday worship at Soho London.


I was going to MoVE to another hostel Tomorrow morning ! YHA London Central ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home