Sway With Lois: Who made ourselves the way we are ?
Photobucket

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Who made ourselves the way we are ?

I don't have much time to read recently which I 'm busy with my studied .
And I 'm struggling with some method that make me feel so depress.

An article I found that can cheer me up in some ways and make me revise myself in this new year.

"Self-esteem"

Does the world self esteem have a place in church ?
Then we should go back to ask these question : Where am I basing my sense of self-worth ?

  • my physical features, appearance, sense of style
  • my intelligence
  • my expertise
  • my achievements
  • my talents
  • my romantic relationships
  • my friends and family, social connections
  • my various attributes/character qualities: my charm, charisma, friendliness, resoluteness, strength, boldness, mercy, take-charge attitude, etc.
  • my great job
  • my financial status
  • my job/role as a wife, mother, student, employee, boss........

Who made ourselves the way we are ? Everything we have and how we are , come from GOD.
While we feel proud , will we think that all the achievements are come from us ?
Yes ! I always believe that it comes from my hard work !

But I did not do anything to deserve what I have been given. All are come from God .


At the same time , me also suffer in poor of "self esteem" while I did not place my right value in "self esteem". I compared myself with other people :

I always say how good other people are which I can't compare with them . They have such a good ....tatatatatatatatata......why can't I be like them? I could never live up to them !
Definitely I would compared and finally it become jealousy .....bad attitude , isn't it ?

I always need long time to calm down myself for this self esteem unbalanced . And self comfort :" Just be yourself~ !" or " You 're who you 're" ,"God creates human in different characteristic".......blah blah ...blah...blah ........

Gradually , it is not that useful for me to calm down myself.....kinda lost control.



All of weakness happened due to I 've failed to place myself upon Him .
If by self-esteem mean basing our sense of self-worth in only ourselves, then that is unrighteous self-esteem. But a sense of genuine self-love and respect that results from seeing the way God sees you – that kind of self-esteem rocks!






1 Comments:

Blogger allyz said...

Heyy,this post of yours speaks alot of truth..

sometimes, we are all guilty of using the world's yardstick to judge ourselves and that makes us feel insecure..

thanks for the good wake-up call! ;)

Cheers!

12:11 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home